Thursday, January 28, 2010

Published Writing: The Florida Review & E.T.C.

This month I had some of my writing published in print, including my first national publication! My review of Lilli Carré's graphic novella, The Lagoon appears in the Winter 2009 issue of The Florid Review (volume 34.2). Florida Review is a nationally distributed literary journal published twice yearly through the University of Central Florida. They've featured some terrific comics in past issues and my review is the first review they've published for a comic of any sort. The Summer 2010 volume of The Florida Review will feature a page of sequential art by me for an illustrated interview with The Surrogates author, Robert Venditti.
A poem I wrote, entitled "Greenbriar Street, 1985" is featured in the 6th and final issue of E.T.C. (Everybody That Creates), "Déjà vu". The issue's cover is also a juxtaposition of two photos of mine. I've done a good share of work with E.T.C. in the past: a photo of mine was used for their third issue, "Blur"'s cover, and another was used as the basis for the cover of their 5th issue, "Next". Issue 2 featured a flash fiction story by me. Though E.T.C. is over, my work with writer/publisher Chris Wiewiora isn't. We're working on a comic project together.

You can still find issues of E.T.C. in independent stores such as A Comic Shop, Park Ave CDs, Quimby's Bookstore, Domy Books, The Regulator Bookshop, and a handful of others across the U.S.

No comments: