Tuesday, November 17, 2009

CoS Top 100 Albums of the 2000s

As a staff member of Consequence of Sound I helped in making their Top of the 2000s lists. The first list is the 100 best albums. To create this list, each staffer submitted their top 20. Some tough decisions were made and a lot of time was spent on it. The list is now up and features a write up on each album, including several by me:

12. Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
14. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
38. Daft Punk- Discovery
50. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
51. Tom Waits – Blood Money
71. Astronautalis – Pomegranate
99. Outkast - Speakerboxx/ The Love Below

Check out the full list, and my write-ups HERE:



CoS Top of the Decade: The Albums



What I ended up with was something I could live with rather than something I feel is fully accurate. Naturally, many of my choices didn’t make the final cut for the CoS 100. So I've posted my personal top 20 HERE on a new blog for stuff not pertaining to news and updates.

Cap's Fun-Time Blog


Does it make sense to have two blogs? I don't know, haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll consolidate, but for now it is what it is.

Also, last month I published this Halloween-themed article:



Break Yo’ TV (Tricks or Treats Edition): “Anything Can Happen on Halloween”



-Cap

No comments: